When a marriage or civil partnership breaks down there will usually be assets to be divided, such as the family home, savings, investments, salaries, benefits, pensions, properties, businesses and trusts.

Dealing with finances can be one of the major issues facing separating or divorcing couples. How will your assets be divided? What is fair? How can you be sure you get the right result?

Negotiating a settlement may sound simple, but in reality it can be a complex process taking into account everyone's needs as well as the income, assets and resources of each party.

Here at C&C Family Law, each case is dealt with individually and, where possible, by negotiation, rather than contested court proceedings.

Our aim is to guide you through the process with the aim of securing the most beneficial and cost-effective solution for you.

Our highly trained, specialist, family solicitors have extensive experience in the many methods of resolving financial disputes and will explain the options available and guide you towards an informed decision about the best approach for you.

Unmarried Couples

For unmarried couples, the situation can be more complicated. If you are cohabiting, you do not have the same legal rights and remedies as married couples, regardless of how long your relationship has lasted. In such cases, any rights which you do have may depend on complex legal issues and we recommend seeking advice from a specialist family solicitor.

If your marriage or relationship is breaking down, it is essential that you seek legal advice on financial matters as soon as possible. C & C Family Law can help you through the legal process to ensure that you receive the best possible financial outcome for you and your family.

Here for you

Contact us to arrange your free, no obligation consultation

Copyright © 2024 All rights reserved Registered office 9 The Crescent, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 3AB, England Registered in England 05920187
C&C Family Law Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority; SRA no. 449270.